PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that the Assessors for the Village of Muscoda will hold Open Book at the Kratochwill Memorial Building (Village Hall), 206 N Wisconsin Avenue, on the following day:
Thursday April 30, 2015 from 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm
The assessment roll will be available for inspection by the public and the assessors will be present for any questions.
Contact the Village Clerk at 608-739-3182 for questions regarding open book procedures.
Open Book Notice–printer friendly
PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that the Board of Review for the Village of Muscoda will be held on Tuesday, May 19, 2015 starting at 3:00 pm until adjourned with a minimum of 2 hours, in the Council Chambers of the Kratochwill Memorial Building. Owners wishing to appeal at the Board of Review must complete an Objection Form. Forms are available at the Open Book. These forms must be completed, and returned to the Clerk as required by State Law. State law requires that an objector provide to the Clerk written or oral notice of an intent to file an objection at least 48 hours prior to the Board of Review’s first scheduled meeting, unless good cause is shown.
PLEASE TAKE FURTHER NOTICE of the following:
1. No person shall be allowed to appear before the Board of Review, to testify to the board by telephone or to contest the amount of any assessment of real or personal property if the person has refused a reasonable written request by certified mail of the assessor to view such property.
2. After the first meeting of the Board of Review and before the board’s final adjournment, no person who is scheduled to appear before the board may contact, or provide information to, a member of the board about that person’s objection except at a session of the board.
3. No person may appear before the Board of Review, testify to the board by telephone or contest the amount of any assessment unless, at least 48 hours before the first meeting of the board or at least 48 hours before the objection is heard if the objection is allowed under law, that person provides to the Clerk of the Board of Review notice as to whether the person will ask for removal of a member as provided by statute and, if so, which member will be removed and the person’s reasonable estimate of the length of time that the hearing will take.
4. When appearing before the board, the person shall specify, in writing, the person’s estimate of the value of the land and of the improvements that are the subject of the person’s objection and specify the information that the person used to arrive at that estimate.
5. No person may appear before the Board of Review, testify to the board by telephone or object to a valuation; if that valuation was made by the assessor or the objector using the income method; unless the person supplies to the assessor all of the information about income and expenses, as specified in the assessor’s manual, that the assessor requests. This information is confidential pursuant to Village Ordinance.
Brd of Review Notice–printer friendly
The Village of Muscoda is accepting applications for part-time pool cashier / attendant for the summer of 2014. This position will include the sale of pool passes and concessions, balancing cash drawer and some light cleaning. Applications are available at Riverdale High School Office, online at http://www.muscoda.com and at the Muscoda Village Office, 206 N Wisconsin Avenue, Monday – Friday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm and are due by 4:00 pm. Friday, February 27, 2015.
The Village of Muscoda is accepting applications for full-time and part-time lifeguards for the summer of 2015. Lifeguards must be sixteen years old. Applicants must have CPR, First Aid and Lifeguard training; proof of certifications must accompany application. Applications are available at the Riverdale High School, online at http://www.muscoda.com and at the Muscoda Village Office, 206 N Wisconsin Avenue, Muscoda, Monday – Friday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm and are due by 4 p.m. Friday, February 27, 2015.
For training information and age requirements contact Symons Rec Center at 647-8522 or their web site at http://www.symonsrec.com
Muscoda Light & Water Utility is applying for a rate increase. Specifics are given in this notice.
Note that you must have Adobe Reader or FoxIt reader on your computer to view pdf files.
The 2013 CCR (Consumer Confidence Report) Water Quality Report will not be mailed individually to all customers.
The report will be:
- Published in the Muscoda Progressive
- Posted at Clare Bank, Community First Bank, Muscoda Post Office, Walsh’s Ace Hardware
and Pierce’s Supermarket
- On the Village website: http://www.muscoda.com (here)
- At Village Hall, 206 N Wisconsin Ave
Alternate Side Parking begins on December 1st and runs through March 1st.
The Village of Muscoda wants to remind residents that Alternate Side Parking begins on December 1st and runs through March 1st. Ordinance 10-1-27 requires persons parking vehicles on Village streets to abide by Alternate Side Parking regulations EACH NIGHT between December 1st and March 1st.
Alternate Side Parking will be enforced between the hours of 2:00 AM and 6:00 AM.
Alternate Side Parking requires vehicles to be parked on the south and west sides of streets (usually odd numbered) on odd numbered dates and the north and east side of the streets (usually even numbered) on even numbered dates. Residents need to remember that the date during the overnight hours of 12:01 am to 6:00 am determines odd or even side parking. Owners of vehicles in violation of Alternate Side Parking regulations will be subject to a $20.00 parking ticket.
During a period of unusually severe winter weather, the Village may declare a Snow Removal Emergency. During a Snow Removal Emergency, parking is prohibited on all Village streets. Residents would be required to find off-street parking until snow-removal operations are declared completed by the Village Superintendent. Residents may use Village owned parking areas such as the lots by: Village Hall, Pierce’s Supermarket, Laundromat, Swimming Pool and Riverside Park. Violations of a snow removal emergency will result is a $20.00 ticket plus your vehicle being towed from the street at your expense. Snow Removal Emergencies are posted on the Village’s website, Village Hall, announced on WRCO and various locations in the Village.
For any questions, please contact the Police Department at 608-739-3144 or the Village Office at 608-739-3182.
Muscoda is now part of NextDoor, a private, local social network. Membership is only open to residents of Muscoda. Addresses must be verified, this way you can be sure that your ‘Babysitter wanted’ ad and any other content is not visible to anyone except other Muscoda residents.
On our Nextdoor site, neighbors share community events, recommendations, items for sale/free, crime/safety concerns, ideas about how to make our village better, and more. Please join us to build a better village and neighborhood!
Thanks to donations from Universal Silencer, Richland Medical Center, Golden Living Center and Grant County a permanent drug drop box is now available in the Kratochwill Memorial Building (206 N Wisconsin Avenue) just outside of the Police Department Office. Unused medications should be removed from container, placed in a baggie and dropped in.
Starting in July, minutes (once approved) and agendas will be posted under the Village Information tab – click on link to Village Government