Muscoda Light & Water Utility has filed an application with the Public Service
Commission of Wisconsin (PSC) to increase electric rates. The adjustment has been requested in
order to cover inflationary increases in operational and maintenance expenses and costs
associated with maintaining the reliability of the electric distribution system. Additionally, the
utility has asked the Commission to set appropriate rate levels which may include raising fixed
customer charges. The last electric rate decrease was approved in 2010.
The requested increase in revenues is an overall increase above the electric utility’s
present revenues of 9.09%, or $431,325. This request is detailed in the Muscoda Light & Water
Utility electric rate application submitted to the PSCW on June 13, 2014. After review,
Commission staff proposed an increase in rates of $389,737, or 8.22%. The actual change to
individual customers will vary with electricity usage, class of service and ultimate rates
authorized by the Commission. All information regarding this application is available
electronically at the PSCW’s website: http://psc.wi.gov.
A telephonic hearing on the application has been scheduled for April 29, 2015, at 2:30
p.m. at the following locations:
Village of Muscoda
206 N Wisconsin Ave. P.O. Box 230
Public Service Commission of Wisconsin Building
610 North Whitney Way
As Posted On First Floor of Building
For more information, please contact Docket Coordinator, Jacquelin Madsen (PSCW) at (608)
267-3599 and refer to the Muscoda Light & Water Utility electric rate application under Docket
Cinda Johnson, Village Administrator
Muscoda Light & Water Utility
March 25, 2015
pdf copy of this notice
For sale by the Village of Muscoda,
31.39 acre parcel, some tillable,
Balance woods and pasture
located near the Village of Muscoda, access from adjacent Kuca Lane. Existing zoning permits single family dwelling. Interest parties may view the property by appointment only. All offers must be submitted on approved offer form only. Approved offer form, a list of other contingencies and additional details can be obtained from the Village of Muscoda Administrator Clerk at 608-739-3182 or email@example.com.
The deadline for submitting an offer is noon on Tuesday, April 14, 2015
Offer to Purchase form
The Village of Muscoda will start picking up yard waste/compost on Monday, April 6th and continue through October on the 1st and 3rd Mondays of those months. Yard waste must be at the curb or in the alley before 7 am and must be in cardboard boxes, paper bags or containers weighing less than 35 pounds. NO PLASTIC BAGS. Also, DO NOT rake anything into the curb during the spring of the year.
Brush pickup will begin on Thursday, April 30th and continue through October on the last Thursday of those months. Brush must be placed in an orderly manner at the curb or in the alley before 7 am on the scheduled day of pickup.
Reminder: DO NOT blow grass clippings into the curb or street area when mowing.
PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that the Assessors for the Village of Muscoda will hold Open Book at the Kratochwill Memorial Building (Village Hall), 206 N Wisconsin Avenue, on the following day:
Thursday April 30, 2015 from 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm
The assessment roll will be available for inspection by the public and the assessors will be present for any questions.
Contact the Village Clerk at 608-739-3182 for questions regarding open book procedures.
Open Book Notice–printer friendly
PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that the Board of Review for the Village of Muscoda will be held on Tuesday, May 19, 2015 starting at 3:00 pm until adjourned with a minimum of 2 hours, in the Council Chambers of the Kratochwill Memorial Building. Owners wishing to appeal at the Board of Review must complete an Objection Form. Forms are available at the Open Book. These forms must be completed, and returned to the Clerk as required by State Law. State law requires that an objector provide to the Clerk written or oral notice of an intent to file an objection at least 48 hours prior to the Board of Review’s first scheduled meeting, unless good cause is shown.
PLEASE TAKE FURTHER NOTICE of the following:
1. No person shall be allowed to appear before the Board of Review, to testify to the board by telephone or to contest the amount of any assessment of real or personal property if the person has refused a reasonable written request by certified mail of the assessor to view such property.
2. After the first meeting of the Board of Review and before the board’s final adjournment, no person who is scheduled to appear before the board may contact, or provide information to, a member of the board about that person’s objection except at a session of the board.
3. No person may appear before the Board of Review, testify to the board by telephone or contest the amount of any assessment unless, at least 48 hours before the first meeting of the board or at least 48 hours before the objection is heard if the objection is allowed under law, that person provides to the Clerk of the Board of Review notice as to whether the person will ask for removal of a member as provided by statute and, if so, which member will be removed and the person’s reasonable estimate of the length of time that the hearing will take.
4. When appearing before the board, the person shall specify, in writing, the person’s estimate of the value of the land and of the improvements that are the subject of the person’s objection and specify the information that the person used to arrive at that estimate.
5. No person may appear before the Board of Review, testify to the board by telephone or object to a valuation; if that valuation was made by the assessor or the objector using the income method; unless the person supplies to the assessor all of the information about income and expenses, as specified in the assessor’s manual, that the assessor requests. This information is confidential pursuant to Village Ordinance.
Brd of Review Notice–printer friendly
Monday – Friday
Open Swim – 12:30 – 5:00
Adult Swim – 5:00 – 6:00
Open Swim – 6:00 – 8:30
Saturday – Sunday
Open Swim 1:00 – 5:00
Open Swim 6:00 – 8:30
Fund raiser for Friends of Muscoda Public Library
Contact Patty Goplin for details and to get on the map 739-4093
Muscoda Light & Water Utility is applying for a rate increase. Specifics are given in this notice.
Note that you must have Adobe Reader or FoxIt reader on your computer to view pdf files.
The 2013 CCR (Consumer Confidence Report) Water Quality Report will not be mailed individually to all customers.
The report will be:
- Published in the Muscoda Progressive
- Posted at Clare Bank, Community First Bank, Muscoda Post Office, Walsh’s Ace Hardware
and Pierce’s Supermarket
- On the Village website: http://www.muscoda.com (here)
- At Village Hall, 206 N Wisconsin Ave
Muscoda is now part of NextDoor, a private, local social network. Membership is only open to residents of Muscoda. Addresses must be verified, this way you can be sure that your ‘Babysitter wanted’ ad and any other content is not visible to anyone except other Muscoda residents.
On our Nextdoor site, neighbors share community events, recommendations, items for sale/free, crime/safety concerns, ideas about how to make our village better, and more. Please join us to build a better village and neighborhood!